The Yahoo API version of the Google my-maps print converter
Simple printing application for Google my-maps, hopefully Google will fix the poor printing, since sadly somtimes we do need to print out the maps we create (or borrow) from somebody else.
Given the kml link from the google maps page, it will produce a web-page that is slightly more print friendly. It will include all the comments that have been recorded.
The KML link should look like: KML it should appear next to the Print link once a My Maps link has been pressed.
This version of the script will actually use a Yahoo Map rather than a Google map. The advantage is that line drawings will print if you are using some browsers such as IE, although sadly Firefox does still not work.
Samples could include:
LA Veg Restaurants
Los Angeles Kid's Event Locations
- There is no polygon filling, the yahoo API does not support it.
- The line labeling in the table is not great. Also, it might be nice to have the option of hiding the lines.
- The dynamic filtering that the Google version has is not currently supported. If you do start using this a great deal, let me know and I can add it
- Oct 27-2007
- Upgraded mapping software so that the table is drawn dynamically. This means it will only display markers in the table that are visible on the map, so as you pan and zoom around the map, it will re-build the table.
- Marker Options - You now have the choice of black-and-white markers, as well as being able to display the original markers
- Made an alternate version that uses the Yahoo API, it still reads from the same KML file, but this one will properly support printing lines from IE. There are still some issues with this (polygons are not supported), and the line will not display in the table.
Any problems or feedback to email@example.com