Google my-maps print converter
This is a Beta version of the code, the new functionality is:
If this doesnt work as expected, you can find the old version here
Insert your google maps link in the box below:
Warning: the printing works best in Firefox. Safari and chrome will work, but may chop off the text.
bookmarklet! Drag this link: Print My-Map up to your Bookmarks toolbar. This allows you to click on this link from google maps, and jump directly to this page with the URL field already filled in.
- Only markers are shown, no drawings are displayed -- however this does work with the Yahoo API, (goto: here)
- There are still printing issues --- printing from HTML is far from perfect, you may also want to try the yahoo API (see here).
Please keep in mind, this was written to provide an easy way for me to print out some of the maps I had created for some vacations, I'm sharing it since it appears to be a common problem.
Printing Google My-Maps with the Yahoo Maps API
Click here to use another version of this script that will read you KML URL and overlay it on a yahoo map. This has the advantage that an lines in your KML file will be printed (if your browser supports it).
- Feb 2011
- Full unicode support, so it should work better with different languages.
- Reverse lookups to get addresses for each map-marker. These are approximate, so use at your own risk
- Bookmarklet - to eliminate the cutting and pasting.
- Oct 27-2007
- Upgraded mapping software so that the table is drawn dynamically. This means it will only display markers in the table that are visible on the map, so as you pan and zoom around the map, it will re-build the table.
- Marker Options - You now have the choice of black-and-white markers, as well as being able to display the original markers
- Made an alternate version that uses the Yahoo API, it still reads from the same KML file, but this one will properly support printing lines from IE. There are still some issues with this (polygons are not supported), and the line will not display in the table.
Any problems or feedback to email@example.com